Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Goodbye Biloxi and Hello Belleville!

Hello internet! 




Its been a few days since my last post because we moved 700 miles up the Mississippi River. Bye bye Biloxi MS and Hello Belleville IL! 




Basil being such a good boy in the car on the way to Lowes

We did something pretty bold, we rented a house and signed a lease without actually having seen it. A friend from our new church (Thanks Beth!) went to look at it for me to make sure it was a real place, and not rotting or a meth lab or anything. That's a great thing about being Mormon, we are everywhere. So if I ever need anything from a distance, I can usually count on a complete stranger, but a brother or sister in the church, to help me out. 





Its not much to look at now, but Randy has ten days off and we are going to have this place completely put together by the time he goes back to work! I can't wait to make this place our own. I have so many ideas and things I want to do, and I am just so glad we will be here for 2 years instead of 8 months. I feel like I can actually let some roots grow. 



This is the kitchen, its not very big, but there is an empty wall, that for some reason doesn't have any counters or cabinets or anything in it. So Randy and I are going to fix it. Right now our microwave cart lives there, but we plan to build something like this. I LOVE The Virginia House. She is so creative and I absolutely adore the blog.   So yes, we want to make a dresser into a kitchen island (or in this case, an unattached counter) for our smaller than average kitchen.


Its really quite a big bit of wall space in the kitchen  and Randy and I are so excited to find the right dresser and make our kitchen feel likes its OURS. But, sadly I am not allowed to buy anymore furniture until I finish all of my current projects, Randy and my mom said so. So it will have to wait until I am done with everything else. But I have two bedside tables, a hutch, and some other exciting things to work on until I can make my island.



The absolute best part of our new house is my very own work table and bench and storage space in the garage! I was just telling Randy before we left MS that I wanted a big ole work table to do projects on, and this house came with one. We didn't even know it was in here until we walked into our house for the very first time on Saturday. Needless to say I am pretty much beyond happy with this surprise our new house gave us. 


Excuse the mess, we were sleeping in the living room on an air mattress at the time

Second favorite thing about my house, our gigantic fireplace! It is awesome, and it will keep us warm when the Illinois winters threaten to freeze our southern booties. I have always wanted a fireplace, and Randy is an avid fire maker, so we are in for some very cozy nights. I'm almost a little sad that summer is on its way, but I have to remember that as soon as winter comes I will be whining for the warm summer months.


I could go on and on about the new place, but for now I will leave you with a picture of Basil looking at the washers with me in Lowes. 

Until next time, I hope you enjoyed reading 


-Christine

No comments:

Post a Comment