Thursday, April 4, 2013

Moving! Military DITY Move.

Hello again!



The truck is packed, the house is empty, and we have our final inspection tomorrow afternoon. I am so nervous. Randy's graduation is tomorrow morning, then we come back home, obsess over the final touches on our house, then we drive off into the sunset, stop to sleep in Memphis and continue onto Belleville on Saturday.





The Dog Days are Over just came on my Pandora station, that is how I will feel as soon as we get into the truck and take off. This move has been so emotionally and physically draining. This is my first PCS as a military wife instead of a military brat. And my first ever dity move. But I am so excited to just start living again in Illinois. I'm excited to make friends and meet people and go to dog parks and finish school and go to church and build furniture and make things pretty. I'm just excited to resume life.


Poor Basil has no idea what is going on


A DITY move is when you move yourself without any help from the military, and then the military pays you for it later. We decided to do it this way the first time because we don't have kids, and we really don't have that many things, so we thought this would be the best time to move ourselves.





We have to clean the house from top to bottom before we can leave. Since we can't really deep clean with everything in the house, we moved everything into the garage so I wouldn't have to clean around it. So for the past 5 days, everything we own has been in the garage minus cleaning supplies, a dog crate, and an air mattress. Also, moving everything from the garage into the truck took less than an hour. Instead of having to weave through the house, it was very easy to just load it straight into the truck.



I am LDS and so we had missionaries help us do the heavy lifting. They were awesome! We already have an appointment with missionaries in Belleville to help us unload the truck. Lucky them. It was such a relief to not have to break my back anymore.



The first item in the truck


Exciting news! Our very awesome and nice next door neighbors gave us their couches. We finally have a set of couches that match! I am so happy and kind of in shock that they would do something so nice for us. They are very nice couches, and in a shade of green that I happen to adore and will fit perfectly in our home. Thank you so much Ashley and Josh! Also, thank you for taking Basil for an hour. I know he's annoying.


The chair in the set 


On a more relevant subject, I recently acquired two old tables that I am eager to fix up as soon as we get settled into our new home. Really excited! I think I want to do something different. I REALLY want to get my hands on some kids' furniture. I want to paint something coral or bright blue so bad.


Newest addition to the Lockamy home, an old busted desk


Well internet next time you hear from me I will be in Illinois. I think I will blog about our wedding since we will still be moving in and such. Then my next post I will be ready to reveal our new home. I can't wait to see what I can do with our new house.




Goodbye Mississippi. You have been good to me. You gave me a puppy, you gave me a home, and you have given me invaluable experiences with people and fun memories. I will miss you, but I need to move on with my life and have new adventures.



Goodbye house 



Till next time, I hope you enjoyed reading

- Christine

No comments:

Post a Comment