Sunday, July 7, 2013

Cute Outdoor Potting Stools

Hallo!

Reporting from Illesheim! My mom picked up these wooden stools at the recycling center for me; she could tell that I was itching to get my hands on something crafty!



Unless Randy and I get stationed in Germany ourselves, this is probably the only time I will be doing projects overseas. It was pretty intimidating going to the German hardware store and trying to figure out what kind of paint to buy. Going overseas would seriously damper my ability to do furniture and other big projects. 


I ended up buying a paint color called Teatime. To be honest, I'm not really sure what kind of paint it is, but I fully intend to seal these with a glossy polyurethane coat so they will be weather proof. This paint dries fast and hard, even a big blob of it will dry within 10 minutes and be as hard as plaster. Really have no idea what kind of paint it is! 


I had my awesome little sister help me sand and paint these potting stools. Her first time getting her hands dirty on a project with me! I think she enjoyed it. 

We sanded them down with 100 grit sandpaper, cleaned them off, and then began painting.


Finished product! I wish I could ship these home with me, but I think my mom would actually fight to keep these. She seems to really love them. She is going to be looking for more abandoned furniture for me to fix up, so hopefully this won't be my only project while I am in the fatherland.



I hope you enjoyed this quick project! Until next time,

-Christine 
My parent's doggies, Oliver (Schnoodle) and Biscuit (Poodle)


2 comments:

  1. The stools turned out great!! And yes, it's time to get your craft on :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment! I go back home next Monday, and I am so ready to go home and get cracking on all of my projects in the queue.

      Delete